Principal's Promise Statement
First of all, it is an honor and a privilege to be assigned as the educational leader of Metter Middle School. I truly believe that it takes all stakeholders to be involved in the planning, implementing, assessing, monitoring, and financing schools to achieve exceptional student performance.
As the Principal of Metter Middle School, I promise to:
- Provide strong instructional leadership that focuses on student achievement for all students at Metter Middle School.
- Provide a safe, clean, and welcoming environment that is conducive to teaching and learning.
- Utilize shared decision-making as we incorporate a team-based approach to create and maintain a culture that promotes student learning.
- Work together to provide a viable and guaranteed curriculum coupled with instructional practices that are relevant, challenging, and foster excellence.
- Hire highly qualified teachers and professional who are passionate about building positive relationships and establishing mutual respect amongst students, staff, and parents.
- Observe, encourage, coach, and provide support for all teachers who are to instruct children at Metter Middle School and provide timely feedback by way of clear written and verbal communication.
- Keep parents informed and involved in the education of their child through parent contact from teachers and staff (telephone calls, emails, letters, etc.), periodic reports on the students’ progress, newspaper articles, “On Call” services, etc.
- Implement structures that support continuous improvement in order to prepare students to become confident, self-motivated, lifelong learners.
- Make every stakeholder feel valued and to serve in our positions with integrity and character.
No child will be predestined to educational failure because of his/her family background, race, or socioeconomic status!